Friday, December 20, 2013

Review: Adrenaline Rush by Cindy M. Hogan (Tour Stop)



Synopsis:
A madman with a mission is kidnapping groups of thrill-seeking high school seniors across the country, and it’s up to Christy to stop him.

To do so, she must take on a fearless alter ego and infiltrate a group of adrenaline junkies bent on pushing life to the limit. Death-defying stunts are only the beginning: two groups fit the profile, and Christy must discover the real target before it’s too late.

If she chooses the wrong group, more people will disappear. But choosing right puts her as the prime target—with no guarantee that she’ll get out alive.

Goodreads

Purchase:
 
 
AUTHOR BIO
Cindy M. Hogan graduated with a secondary education teaching degree and enjoys spending time with unpredictable teenagers. More than anything she loves the time she has with her own teenage daughters and wishes she could freeze them at this fun age. If she's not reading or writing, you'll find her snuggled up with the love of her life watching a great movie or planning their next party. She loves to bake, garden and be outdoors doing a myriad of activities.

Author links:


My Rating: 4.5
 
My Review:
 
Adrenaline Rush is an adrenaline rush of its own from the very beginning. From the first pages, the reader is thrown into a reality of high-action, high-suspense thrills. This novel captivates from the initial scene and continues to enthrall until the final page.
The plot of Adrenaline Rush is unique and thrilling. I couldn't wait to turn the page and see what would happen next. I've always loved spy novels (or novels that involve any covert or undercover operations at all, really) and it's beautifully done in Adrenaline Rush. The high-concept action that surrounds the entire story was refreshing and I could not get enough of it.

Christy (or should I call her Misha?) is a great female protagonist, especially to connect with, the kind of character that readers would want to look up to. I really enjoyed her perspective, especially with the life that she's had. Christy has an excellent story behind her which really adds to the reading experience.
 
The only downside of Adrenaline Rush is the fact that it's one of those novels that has an unreal abundance of attractive male characters. I mean, come on, is there something in the water over there? I'm really to buy a one-way ticket into town. Adrenaline Rush takes the attractive bad boy to the next level. 
 
Not to mention, I give major props for the character names. Pretty much everyone has a really cool name in this novel. Everyone. The writer-me is extremely jealous.

I really enjoyed Adrenaline Rush and all of the action and relationships involved within it. I completely devoured the novel and really had a great experience with it. I can highly recommend it to others.

1 comment:

  1. Great review, Justine! this sounds like a fun read and Christy sounds easy to like, too! I also always notice if names are creative or cliché - like if a guy is called something totally cheesy it annoys me haha. Anyways, glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete